There's been a few things which needed doing on the figure before it could be sent off - I realised the torso joint would expose the mechanics the second it was moved in any direction, so we had to completely redo the torso joint. He's now got a more standard ab crunch found in figures like Marvel Legends and DC Universe Classics. To keep it possible to disassemble for sculpting work, it moves around an M3 bolt and has a handy hexagonal fitting to keep the nut in place. The twist is now handled by a seperate joint at the waist, around the level of the belly button. We would have loved to have had it lower on the belt line, but there's not a lot of room to play with inside with the working bits.
Nick and I have been pretty busy of late so these changes took a while to implement, but a couple weeks ago we reached the point where we were happy to sign off on our first draft of the figure! We sent him off to the good fellows of shapeways and had him printed in their standard white strong and flexible material, and he arrived at the end of last week! Naturally the first time Nick got to see him was during a fancy dress party...
I'm the robot, Nick's the frost giant!
We're absolutely chuffed to bits with him. There are a few issues we've discovered, but they're little housekeeping issues for the most part, which is really encouraging! Hopefully we'll have more progress soon!